Re: stumped on passing arguments

2000-12-07 04:24:36

Good question,

This is a problem I have also come up against.

The only suggestion I have is to create the command as a simple perl
program instead of a one liner and grab $RMARGIN using $ENV{"RMARGIN"}

If anyone out there has an answer to your question I'd love to hear it
too!

mark david mcCreary wrote:

I am stumped with Procmail again.  This time trying to have an argument
expanded before being passed to a called program.

I have a working recipe, like this

:0 wfb
| perl  -M"Text::Autoformat" -e'autoformat{left=>1, right=>65, all=>1}'

which works just fine by calling the Perl Module Text::Autoformat.

I want to make the right margin a variable, like this

RMARGIN=65
:0 wfb
| perl  -M"Text::Autoformat" -e'autoformat{left=>1, right=>$RMARGIN, all=>1}'

The theory seems to be to wrap double quotes around the arguments, and
sometimes  maybe double quotes around the single quotes.

I do believe that I have tried all possible combinations of wrapping the
above with various combinations of quotes without success.

Is the above possible ?

Thanks for any insights.

mark