Re: Filtering URL In Message Body

2000-12-17 04:04:37

eric(_at_)hilding(_dot_)com said:
1.  What is the correct way to put a specific "http://blah.blah"; URL
into  the message body filter below?  In place of  |URL HERE|  would
it  be  |http\:\/\/blah\.blah|

2.  How would I code it to also filter on specific URL's which contain
ANY  number(s) ???

:0 B * H ?? !^TO(privateaddress1|privateaddress2)@mydomain\.com *
()\<(get rich quick|URL HERE|no one will call|\
        you owe it to yourself|make tremendous income|\> /dev/null

Thank you very much.

before you do that, carefully peruse your mail and verify that it's actually
useful to do what you propose. I have quite a bit of useful mail containing
HTTP, HTTPS and FTP URIs, some with numbers. They commonly come in
announcement about new software versions.

If you want to scan for the sequence http://, then why not code http://?

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Note: mail deliveed to me is deemed to be intended for me, for disposition as
I choose.