Re: REGEX

2000-12-19 06:23:47
hi

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Philip Guenther wrote:

Besides, you don't even have the correct syntax: POSIX named character
classes require an extra set of brackets around the name, like this:

      [^[:alnum:][:punct:][:cntrl:][:digit:][:graph:]]

What you wrote will match any single character except newline or one of
      :alnumpctrdigh

Yes, you're right !
It worked for me since I was trying to match leading spaces and I never
really had a case where I had different chars there...

So, now I'm not really sure how to match the following:

        filename="some.name"

'filename' could be prepended only by <space> or <tab> chars at the start of
of the line, but by nothing else.
Also, "filename" could be "name" instead.

thanks

--
rgds,
serge