Re: locking a script

2000-12-21 15:17:02
Eric Smith wrote:
How do I lock a script so that procmail will only call that script
once (and will wait until that invocation is finished until it involves
a subsequent message)?

Here's what I'd do:

    :0: something.lock
    |cd /home/httpd/turn;su -c ./mail2sms.pl nobody

Or...

    LOCKFILE=something.lock

    :0
    |cd /home/httpd/turn;su -c ./mail2sms.pl nobody

    # the following may be irrelevant since you're now done processing
    LOCKFILE

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.