Re: Date in address of outgoing email?

2000-12-24 13:19:32

gun-wear(_at_)gun-wear(_dot_)com said:
# Mail the file to our pop server in the
distro-listYYYYMMDD(_at_)chandler(_dot_)k
12.az.us format (I have a program on the pop server that archives
incoming mailing list messages, and one option is to have the date in
the "To:" line. The -f option is to have the outgoing email have the
"From:" address of basilr(_at_)chandler(_dot_)k12(_dot_)az(_dot_)us (Mine)

Well, on Linux:
    -f    Read in the contents of your mbox (or the specified file) for pro­
           cessing; when you quit, mail writes undeleted messages back to this
           file.

I hope this explains what I am trying to do. I'm sorry for my lack of
knowledge (or what might seem to many of you weird questions), I'm an
NT admin and am trying to learn perl/procmail so we can start using
FREEBSD machines at work.

FreeBSD may be different, but maybe not.Reread the man page for mail

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Note: mail delivered to me is deemed to be intended for me, for my disposition.