Re: need help with formail recipe in Procmail

2001-01-15 19:45:27
Pollywog <croak(_at_)shadypond(_dot_)com> writes:
I am trying to remove the X-UIDL header from my mail and this is what
I have in /etc/procmailrc:

:0 fhw
* ! multipart
| formail -k \
  -X X-UIDL:

Umm, that preserves _only_ the X-Uidl: header field.  If you wanted to
remove the X-Uidl: header then you would use the -I flag (and drop the
-k flag).  If you wanted to not do that on multipart messages then you
should specialize the condition to match against the Content-Type:
header field.  Also, no point in invoking formail is there isn't an
        :0 fhw
        * ! ^Content-Type:.*multipart
        *   ^X-Uidl:
        | formail -IX-Uidl:

My procmail log (the user one) shows this for *some* messages but not
all:
From foo(_at_)bar  Mon Jan 15 23:18:35 2001
 Folder: /dev/null
      95

Yeah, you're nuking everything else in the header, so the "From "
pseudo-field is lost, and some later formail process is re-adding one
with the "foo(_at_)bar" address because it doesn't have enough information
to do anything else.

Philip Guenther