Re: Procmail and Variables and PHP

2001-01-18 04:53:17
"Brian C. Doyle" wrote:
Hello all,

I am work with a script that uses formail to break down the email into its
parts :

         :0h
         RP=|formail -zxReturn-Path:
Better yet have procmail replace all spaces " " with an underscore "_"

         :0h
         RP=| formail -zxReturn-Path: | tr " " _

Or, safer...

         :0h
         RP=| formail -zxReturn-Path: | sed -n '1s/[    ]/_/gp'

where the [brackets] contain a space and a tab.  This protects you in
case of duplicate headers.

What do you want to happen in $to when you get a mail like this?

    To: user1, user2,
         user3,
         user4, user5
    To: otherperson(_at_)otherdomain

etc. ?  Do you need newlines also changed to '_' characters?

--
Neither I nor my employer will accept any liability for any problems
or consequential loss caused by relying on this information.  Sorry.