Re: Checking the exitcode of a program

2001-01-22 21:13:49
except that you want to save the stdout.  So let's try this:

 :0w
 VPOPMAILOUTPUT=| vpopmail -opts args

 EXITSTATUS = $?

After that point I don't know what the code should read, as I don't know
what
you want to do with the stdout from vpopmail.

what i want is procmail exiting with exitcode 100 right then, and spew out
the output from the program so that qmail knows what to include in the
errormessage bounced back at the sender, so i tried:
:0w
VPOPMAILOUTPUT=| vdelivermail '' bounce-no-mailbox
EXITSTATUS = $?

:0
* EXITSTATUS ?? 100
{
  EXITCODE = 100
  TRAP = "echo ${VPOPMAILOUTPUT};"
   /dev/null           # so that it discards what it has and stop
}
 but it continues the execution smashing against the next rule (that
shouldn't be executed unless some other rules are true as this block is
nested in another), and executes "echo ;" at the end, not exactly helpful.

What i want to happen is that procmail calls the program, captures the
exitcode and the output, and spews out both stopping the processing there.