RE: passing mail to script

2001-01-29 15:28:38
Mike,

I have tried this as well and I get no results...

ok, strike that....  My test worked when I changed it to a full path
name....  I am going to go try my real application now...

Thanks!!

Jeremy

-----Original Message-----
From: Mike A. Harris [mailto:mharris(_at_)opensourceadvocate(_dot_)org]
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2001 12:41 PM
To: Jeremy Finke
Cc: 'procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de'
Subject: Re: passing mail to script

On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Jeremy Finke wrote:

I have looked through the archives and the FAQs and I have not quite found
what I am looking for, maybe I am blind!  ;)

I would like to pass the contents of an email to a perl script that I have
written.  My script works.  I can take a file that contains an email
message
and do:

cat junk.mail | attn.pl

How can I get procmail to do this??

I have tried

&

| cat - | attn.pl

Neither of these methods seem to work.  Any ideas??  Thanks!!!

Why are you using cat?  You are taking stdin, and passing it to
cat, which passes it unmodified to stdout.  In other words, cat
is a no-op.

| attn.pl

is the same.  I dunno if it will do what you're wanting, but the
attempts to use cat above are just no-ops..

Why not show the entire recipe?

    Mike A. Harris  -  Linux advocate  -  Free Software advocate
          This message is copyright 2001, all rights reserved.
  Views expressed are my own, not necessarily shared by my employer.