Spam Bouncing + Forwarding?

2001-01-31 10:09:13
I've installed the Spam Bouncer and am impressed with how
well it works, but there is an additional function I'm
hoping to make it do that I know procmail should find
trivial . . . but I'm not sure it can be done with a
couple simple changes to the Spam Bouncer script or whether
it would take a LOT of editing.

Here's the thing: I've set up a new Linux e-mail server for a
church & school.  MOST of the staff who I've given e-mail
accounts to, already have other e-mail accounts that they
use for their "normal" e-mail.  At the moment, if this is
the case, I simply have dropped a .forward file into their
account to send any mail on to their preferred account
for reading mail.

NOW, I'd like to have the Spam Bouncer procmail system
filter their incoming e-mail.  That would work fine but
the e-mail that makes it through will just end up in
their local mail folders . . . but I want to have it
filtered and then forwarded elsewhere, if they desire
this.

I can do my "procmail" homework to learn enough to go in
and edit the sb.rc file so it forwards legitimate e-mail
instead of putting it in the local mail folder but like
everyone else, I want an expert to hand me the answer
on a silver platter . . . .

Anyway, suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks!
 `` ` `  ` ` ` university of nebraska - lincoln `  ` ` `` ` `  `` ` `  ` ` ` `
` ` ` ` ` ` ` ` happens `