formail trickery...

2001-02-05 19:21:18

Hello all and thank you very much for being part of the procmail
community.  I work for a university and am attempting to reduce the number
of e-mails that ppl. have to answer.  Thus far I have implemented a auto
responder that points ppl. to a web page containing a FAQ.  Here are my
questions:

1) Is it possible to use Formail to grab the email address in the Cc
   field, so I can auto responsd to those messages?  (alot of e-mail just
   comes into the university and then gets forwarded to us... the ppl.
   that forward the messages always Cc the sender on it....

2) Is it possible to change the From field on outgoing messages?  (I have
   a '.forward' file redirecting all incomming mail to the server that we
   have procmail set up so that in the event of a crash- or worse a hack,
   all we have to do is change one file... I do not like broadcasting the
   name of the server that I have procmail set up on.

Thank you for your time,
-jason