Re: Variables on Conditions

2001-02-08 11:42:01
On  8 Feb, Carlos Eduardo R. L. de Miranda wrote:
| Hello all,
|
| I would like to now if it is possible to have VARIABLES on conditions.
| On the example bellow, if I replace $LOGIN(_at_)$DOMAIN w/
test(_at_)tamclick(_dot_)com(_dot_)br,
| it works as expected.
|
| # File: .procmailrc
| <deleted>
| LOGIN=test
| DOMAIN=tamclick.com.br
| PMDIR=$HOME/procmail
| INCLUDERC=$PMDIR/setmessage.rc
|
| # File: setmessage.rc
| :0 b
|  * From(_dot_)$LOGIN(_at_)$DOMAIN
|  * Subject: setmessage
|    | cat > $PMDIR/iamin.msg

Yes, except you need to insert '$' after the '*', something like:

* $ From(_dot_)$LOGIN(_at_)$DOMAIN

From man procmailrc:

       There are some special conditions you can use that are not
       straight regular expressions.  To select them, the  condi­
       tion must start with:

       [...]

       $    Evaluate the remainder of this condition according to
            sh(1) substitution rules inside double  quotes,  skip
            leading whitespace, then reparse it.

Don Hammond