Re: Excessive output from formail

2001-02-16 02:50:27
"John D. Hardin" <jhardin(_at_)wolfenet(_dot_)com> writes:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Jonathan Baker-Bates wrote:

procmail: Excessive output quenched from "formail"

Can you give us any clues as to what might be up? The rulesets in
general appear to be running OK.

No, I'm afraid I've never run across that before. I'm forwarding this
to the procmail list in the hope that someone there might be able to
shed some light on it.

To quote the procmail(1) manpage's DIAGNOSTICS section:

       Excessive output quenched from "x"
                              The program or filter "x" tried  to
                              produce  too  much  output  for the
                              current LINEBUF, the rest was  dis-
                              carded.

Using a variable capture recipe instead of a variable assignment with
backquotes in the value may be the Right Way to solve the problem,
but we would have to know what Jonathan is trying to do to be sure.

Philip Guenther