Re: rule vbs,exe -> folder

2001-02-23 08:00:02

On 23 Feb, Micke Hamstrom wrote:

Hi there!

I have a rule sending my mails with attachment (vbs|exe) to a separate
file. In this file those messages stores without reaching their supposed
destany.

I wonder is it possible to separate the mail and the attachment the mail
goes to a file and the attached file goes to a special folder.. So I can
check it out.

I have once used *metamail* for this.
This is a simple recipe that, having detected some mail with whatever you
are looking for attached, splits the mail components and stores them in
separate files in the same directory.

:0
* whatever condition you need for those attachments
{
    METAMAIL_TMPDIR=/the/dir/where/you/want/attachs/saved
    # you must set this, otherwise the files will go to /tmp

    :0 f
    |metamail -x -w
}

Metamail generates some (mini-)header output and some description of the
actions performed (eg. the type of files decoded and where they were
stored.) Unless you trash or process it, it will end up in your default
inbox. I used to have it delivered in my inbox (then I would sure know
about the original mail received) but with some further processing with
formail to improve the headers.

--Rui