permissions

2001-03-07 09:29:27
Heya,
         I'm running a mail server with several domains as
aliases....Anyhow, I've setup procmail to help me divide the domain
names properlly... when there is a conflict in domains... eg
user(_at_)domain1 and user(_at_)domain2(_dot_)(_dot_)(_dot_) I put an entry in
the /etc/aliases
file...
user:mail
in /var/spool/mail I have the .procmailrc file
and I also have in etc called (/etc/procmailrc).
I have the inboxes set to owner.mail
and permissions to owner read/write and group read/write (so that
procmail can write).  Anyhow, procmail keeps on changing the permissions
back to owner read/write only!  I have put umask=007 in both
/var/spool/mail/.procmailrc and /etc/procmailrc - should that be enough
to make procmail leave the privleges alone??

All/any help appreciated.

Cheers,
          Andrew.