RE: Recipe to filter sender

2001-03-09 09:34:19
Are you looking for *specific* "insult words" in the body of the
message? or will you be told about the existence of insults by your
users and informed of their email address(es) by the recipients?
Unless either of these criteria can be satisified, no meaningful method
can possibly be developed. From re-reading your post, it seems as though
you *may* have some level of awareness of the indentity of such senders.
If so, and assuming you have a /etc/procmailrc (global procmailrc) and
you are root on your box, you could do something simple like just toss
the offending email(s) into a mail folder you designate.

:0:offender.lock
* ^From: sender(_at_)foreigndomain(_dot_)com
/home/users/mailadmin/mail/crapper

I use this approach on one box to send offending mail to a designated
folder which I periodically review and "flush" the contents. However, I
am root *plus* the only user. That said, this approach might have an
overhead penalty associated with it if there were thousands of users and
an unerpowered mail server. I use an INCLUDERC approach on another
machine where I have a moderate number of users (<50). In this case I
use a DIRTY list at the user's request to tank offenders, abusers, etc.
(not spammers, different scenario, different set of tools)
HTH & Regards,
-Colin
--
Colin J. Raven

Hi gurus:
Simple question:
Say I have a sender    sender(_at_)foreigndomain(_dot_)com  which is sending
garbage to
recipient(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
How would I do a recipe that redirects the mails when this happens to
myrecipient(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
It is very usual that some users start to send garbage (like insults)
and anoying things > to other users and I would like to receive the
emails to avoid this happens.