RV: Recipe to filter sender

2001-03-09 10:18:26
Hummm...  I see I probably didn't explain myself quiet correctly. The rule
in some way "must" involve sender and recipient. I just want to check the
mail from a specific sender to a specific
recipient.

R. Riley

:0:offender.lock
* ^From: sender(_at_)foreigndomain(_dot_)com
/home/users/mailadmin/mail/crapper

I use this approach on one box to send offending mail to a designated
folder which I periodically review and "flush" the contents. However, I
am root *plus* the only user. That said, this approach might have an
overhead penalty associated with it if there were thousands of users and
an unerpowered mail server. I use an INCLUDERC approach on another
machine where I have a moderate number of users (<50). In this case I
use a DIRTY list at the user's request to tank offenders, abusers, etc.
(not spammers, different scenario, different set of tools)
HTH & Regards,
-Colin
--
Colin J. Raven

Hi gurus:
Simple question:
Say I have a sender    sender(_at_)foreigndomain(_dot_)com  which is sending
garbage to
recipient(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
How would I do a recipe that redirects the mails when this happens to
myrecipient(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com
It is very usual that some users start to send garbage (like insults)
and anoying things > to other users and I would like to receive the
emails to avoid this happens.