Re: Configuring

2001-03-23 19:06:56
At 17:48 2001-03-23 -0300, Paulo Ricardo Almeida wrote:
I need to configure my mail server (procmail+sendmail) to:
Define the max. size of the message per user.
Define the user that can't send mail out of the network
What i have to do!?

Start reading up on sendmail configuration, because none of this has anything to do with procmail (which for instance, isn't invoked when you SEND messages).

Arguably, if you're trying to limit the size of an incoming message, you could do that with procmail, though by the time procmail has a copy to examine, your server has taken the full brunt of the bandwidth consumption (the same will hold true of a sendmail-centric solution as well). Seems like you'd be just as well off to limit mail spools with a quota mechanism (also, outside of the scope of procmail).