Re: Sigh... maildir filename and cleaning up the mess

2001-03-26 08:01:20
Nate proposed,

| Is there a possibility that you could do your normal maildir filenames by
| default, but add an option to change it to the date format?

I've no experience with the maildir format, so maybe the answer is "ha ha, of
course not, that's silly," but I'm wondering: what about saving to a maildir
with a filename that the user chooses?  Is that at all possible?  Then Nate
could run date +%s for each message or whatever it takes to generate the type
of filename he wants.