Re: Fw: Help for a new user

2001-03-30 11:54:33
I am using pine version 4.10 and 4.30 and procmail version 3.13.1.  I have
also tried reading and sending messages using Outlook Express, Evolution .9,
and Netscape.  I wasn't sure if - was a special character so I used the \
like for the @, and since it worked I didn't think anything of it.  I'll get
rid of that, and hopefully that will still work.

Thanks for responding,

Paul

----- Original Message -----
From: "Matt Dunford" <zoot(_at_)zotikos(_dot_)com>
To: "Paul Peltz, Jr." <peltz(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu>
Cc: <procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE>
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2001 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: Fw: Help for a new user

* Paul Peltz, Jr. <peltz(_at_)cs(_dot_)utk(_dot_)edu> [010329 21:56]:
I have figured out more information about my problem.  It appears as if
the
messages only get concatanated together if I don't read the messages as
they
come in individually.  If two or more mails get sent to a pine
folder(file)
it combines them.  So the problem isn't locking the file, it appears as
if
pine does something to the message and makes it so that the next message
that gets sent by procmail is sent correctly as another message.  The
weird
thing though is that I have a

:0c:
backup

at the top of my .procmailrc file and when it copies the mail to the
backup
file/folder they are seperated correctly.  Anyone have any ideas please?

I looked over the logs and recipes from your last email and everything
looked fine to me.  Perhaps it's a pine problem.  Have you tried opening
your mail using another email client, like mutt or vine or etc?

Second, what does the escaped '-' do in your regexes?  Example:
'* ^TO.*cs\-wizards'
Just using '-' works for me.

Also, provide us with the versions of pine and procmail.

--
Practise thyself even in the things which thou despairest of
accomplishing.