Re: Deny email to an alias

2001-04-04 08:59:15

We have an "employee" alias that we want to deny all users to send email
to, except user foo. employee is an alias to all our users in the company.

 How do you intend to use procmail in this scenario? Procmail is usually
 invoked during mail delivery, not mail sending.

 You could configure said alias in user foo's MUA.

 Or, make "employee" a mailing list and configure the mailing list software
 to allow posts from user foo only. In majordomo, for example, you'd look
 at the "restrict_post" and *_access directives.

 The second alternative is better from an administrative point of view.
 It is completely independent of specific user setups, and it's easier
 to change the config when for example user foo is replaced with user bar.