Re: Getting rid of Re Re Re

2001-04-04 15:45:04
Timothy J. Luoma wrote:
Someone, a long time ago, had a great regex for getting rid of:

Subject: Re: Re: RE: Re: Re2:

I was recently looking for this too and couldn't find it in my personal
procmail mailing list archive. I found a couple of variants in the mailing
list archive from a couple of threads that *you* started, Timothy. Anyway,
for those interested, here are some links for historical background:

and all that other nonsense including a trailing '-reply' (which I guess was
just a brief annoyance on the 'net but I live in dread fear of its return!!!)

Someone else posted a similar one for getting rid of :

Subject: FWD: Fw: FW:

Could find any discussion of that.

But none of the above recipes handle all of these types at the same time. So
I think you must be thinking of one of Jari Aalto's Procmail modules,
pm-jasubject.rc:

Download: http://www.procmail.org/jari/pm-code.zip     (Yuck, no .tar.gz file?)
Mailing list historical context:

However, this module may have some problems. Check this warning: