Insuficient permissions error

2001-04-13 17:24:37
Now before you all direct me to a FAQ, let me explain,,,

this server we are working on is a virtual server. mail delivery worked fine until I started mucking about with perms on differnt files to get a perl web mail client to work. now the mail will not deliver to users but will deliver to the sudo root user admin

[admin(_at_)calinux6 mail]$ sendmail -v admin </dev/null
admin... Connecting to local...
admin... Sent
[admin(_at_)calinux6 mail]$ sendmail -v xnyx </dev/null
xnyx... Connecting to local...
xnyx... Insufficient permission
/root/dead.letter... Saved message in /root/dead.letter

as you can see by the copy and paste, admin works but regular users do not.

does any of you know which file or files it needs permissions for ? or how to fix this, period ?