Re: procmail digest, Vol 1 #403 - 11 msgs

2001-04-16 15:43:52
No one ever responded, but I found the problem to be a bug in procmail.
The version of procmail that comes with Redhat 7.0 is old (3.10?). A bug
which I explained in the original msg below was found and fixed in procmail
3.14. I've installed the lastest 3.15 and things are now working.

Ken Bass

On Wed, 11 Apr 2001 11:36:04 +0200 (MEST),
procmail-request(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE wrote:

Message: 8
From: Ken Bass <kbass(_at_)clark(_dot_)net>
To: procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)rwth-aachen(_dot_)de
Subject: Why is this not working?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:35:07 -0400

2) If the '# Enable special handling for DSNs' is not matched, I expect the
next recipe to be executed and simply pass the mail to the procbounce
script. However this is never happening! The pass to procbounce recipe is
skipped over. The recipe has  ':0 Ahfw' so it should execute. Here is the
kicker, if I comment out the recipe in the braces about it (a compound
action which is never executed), the pass to procbounce recipe executes.
WTF?

Can anyone help. Using procmail that comes with redhat 7.0. Using latest
smartlist 3.15.