Re: Reject exe files

2001-04-20 07:04:23
On Fri, 20 Apr 2001, Spyros Dimas wrote:

I have installed RedHat Linux 7.0 with sendmail and procmail. But, I
would like to tell me how to reject the attachments (e.d. .*exe files)
who arrived with a e-mail in my server. Thank you.

I am just starting to investigate a product called "mailscanner" from
Southampton University (UK).  It seems to be basically perl scripts which
call a choice of commercial virus scanner products.  It claims to sit
cleanly with sendmail (apparently no sendmail changes required except
start-up command-line options).  Incoming mail is placed in one "mqueue"
area, the scanner periodically copies (and filters!) the mail into a
second "mqueue" area for subsequent delivery.  It can, apparently, use
Sophos or McAfee virus scanners.

   http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

Hope that helps.