Re: Locking

2001-04-22 23:54:59
On Sun, Apr 22, 2001 at 11:30:47AM -0400, Don Hammond wrote:

:0
* condition identifies spam
{
  :0 fh:
  | gzip -c >>SPAM.headers.gz

  :0:
  | gzip -c >>SPAM.gz
}

Maybe not the most likely of examples, but I think it illustrates what
you seem to be questioning.  First, both recipes inside the block
request a lockfile because a regular file is written to. The first one
has the "f" (filter) and "h" (headers) flags because I want to save the
headers to a separate file, and continue processing. If it did not have
the "f" flag on it, procmail would consider the message delivered and
the second recipe would not execute.

No to be nit-picking or anything but wouldn't it be more appropriate to
have the :0c: flag on the first recipe as you are not stricly
"filtering" the message (ie: not modifying it as with formail for
example)?

As I understand it "c" does not affect in any way the original message
and "f" allows some command to modify it, right?

--
    PHEDRE: Tu m'as fait entrevoir que je pouvais l'aimer.
    OENONE: Hélas ! de vos malheurs innocente ou coupable,