Performance

2001-05-09 20:17:31

I was wondering about the performance difference between 2 recipes that
achieve the same effect; but have no way to measure it.

I use: * $ ^TO_(`tr '\n' '|' < mailinglists`mailinglists)
Where 'mailinglists' is a list of mailing lists that I want to identify.

...and wanted to compare that to the traditional '? fgrep'.

Has anyone ever come up with a way to simulate a high variable-content load
on procmail, and a way to measure performance?