Re: Extraneous Flag Error

2001-05-14 22:05:47
| Hopefully someone knows of the following problem and email's the answer to
| <mailto:cdm(_at_)aculink(_dot_)net?subject=Re:%20Extraneous%20Flag%20Error>,
| because my mailing list address is blocked with 12,000 messages.
| A solutions is in the workings.

It would be easier to read and thus easier to accomplish if you just gave the
address instead of the mailto: link.

So, SCDM, you're getting this error message:

| procmail: Extraneous deliver-head flag ignored
| procmail: Extraneous deliver-head flag ignored

and wondering why.  You showed us the rcfile, and look at these two recipes:

|     :0 h
|     * H ?? ^\/Subject:.*
|     { MSUBJ=${MATCH} }
|
|     :0 h
|     * H ?? ^\/From:.*
|     { MFROM=${MATCH} }

When the action is "{", no message text is written to a file nor fed to a
command.  Therefore using any flag governing how to do that, such as `b',
`f', `h', `i', or `r', is an error.  [Likewise, `w', `W', and a second colon
for a local lockfile are errors *unless* you're also using `c' to launch a
clone.  On the other hand, flags that govern how to apply the conditions are
valid, such as `a', `A', `B', `D', `e', `E', or `H'.]

Procmail is saying that it is ignoring the extraneous `h' flag, and if a
recipe turns up inside those braces that reads the message, that's where
you specify `h' or `b' if you want only one and not both.  You can't tell
procmail to send only the head into the braces.