Re: over quota not bouncing with delivery via dmail via procmail via postfix

2001-05-15 10:34:50
Clay Hicks <CodeMunch(_at_)webab(_dot_)com> writes:
I am using dmail from the UW IMAP-utils package to deliver to .mbx format
INBOXes where the users have quotas on at the file system.

My Problem:
Procmail recognizes when users are over quota and writes an apropriate
entry in the users procmail.log file but the message isn't bounced,
it vanishes.  When I modify the .procmailrc to NOT deliver through dmail
and send the message to ".mail", procmail still recognizes the user's
quota issue and logs it AND I get a bounce but the message is
[SNIP]
<quotatest001(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com>: can't create user output file
[/SNIP]
I've seen this error message when I searched the archives
and this post:
http://mailman.rwth-aachen.de/pipermail/procmail/2001-April/003859.html
recomends that I tweak my MTA (Postfix) to get the proper error message,
but the mail isn't even bouncing to begin with when delivering through
dmail.
#-- default delivery via dmail to INBOX --#
:0
|/usr/sbin/dmail +INBOX; \
echo "" >> newmail
[/SNIP]

My question:
How do I get procmail to bounce the message?  How do I get it to bounce
the correct message (requires me tweaking my MTA as far as I know) ;) ?

You need to set EXITCODE after the dmail recipe and put the 'w' flag on
the dmail recipe:

        :0 w
        |dmail +INBOX && echo "" >>newmail

        EXITCODE = $?

Also, note the use of "&&" to restrict the echo to the successful
delivery case.

Philip Guenther
Procmail Maintainer