Re: procmail-3.15.1 error: Out of Memory

2001-05-18 16:18:58
Joana Peres <jperes(_at_)fe(_dot_)up(_dot_)pt> writes:
I've a COMPAQ with TRU64 V. 4.0F and Procmail as an integrated local
mail delivery agent with sendmail.

I've replaced  /bin/mail by procmail and i'm getting this error on my
log:

Out of memory as I tried to allocate 61114414 bytes

It hapens too with messages of 30MBytes.

1) Procmail requires that it be able to fit the entire message into
   memory.  Are the resource limits (c.f., getrlimit(2)) set too low?
   Try putting "ulimit -d unlimited" at the top of the script that
   starts sendmail.

2) Does the machine have enough real memory and swap?  Mail processing
   is one of the most memory intensive jobs commonly seen.  If you run
   "vmstat 5" during a busy part of the day, how much free memory and
   free swap does it show?

Philip Guenther