sendmail, procmail and virtmaps

2001-05-27 23:18:10
Hi, I manage a VPS, virtual private server with about 50 users getting email
through it. It runs FreeBSD and uses Sendmail. Users have accounts for ftp
and/or email and addresses are mapped to users with a virtmaps file located
in /etc. That's about the extent of my Unix knowledge goes, but I'm learning
daily.
I've set up procmail to filter out some attachments and other annoying crap.
It works fine, but only on the system account, never on the user accounts.
I've moved the .forward and .procmailrc files to users home folders, the etc
folder, together and separately to no effect. My procmailrc file is pretty
simple for now and I have debugging on so I can see that it does work for
the one non virtmapped account (system). Can anyone tell me the incredibly
simple answer to this problem? I know it's out there. Thanks for any help
you can give.

~ Sam
saml(_at_)myisland(_dot_)com