Sendmail / Procmail / Qpopper

2001-05-31 11:27:56
Can anyone point me in the right direction I wish to achieve the following:-

Outline

I have a sever running a number of virtual domains on one IP address.

I want to be able to use sendmail to collect the mail split it by domain and then pass it over to Procmail for local delivery (I think I'm OK up to here).

I then need Procmail to sub dived the mail for users in each domain.

Users will then be able to POP their mail.

Then the hard bit

An easy way to ad users to each of procmail's local deliveries.

I do not want a user account for each user in each domain (i.e. Qpopper needs alternative authentication)

I want to be able to support sales(_at_)myco(_dot_)com and sales(_at_)yourco(_dot_)com (Same account name at different domains) Ideally the POP daemon would recognise the domain name it was called as and use the corresponding spool and password files.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated

i.e. other POP servers ect.

(Existance of a HOW TO etc.)

Regards Robert