Re: sendmail +procmail problem

2001-06-04 22:48:26
Andreas =?iso-8859-1?q?M=FCller?= <a_m_28(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net> writes:
I have a dialup account and I'm using sendmail for delivery and header
rewriting. My host just has the name localhost and sendmail rewrites the
local emailadresses to the correct ones for the internet. Now I invoked
procmail for filtering purposes. I want some mails to get forwarded to some
other users which have a regular emailadress on the internet. The forwarding
itself seems to work, BUT when procmail forwards a message a From: header is
added with the local address and isn't changed anymore by sendmail. That
means that am(_at_)localhost is not rewritten to
a_m_28(_at_)gmx(_dot_)net(_dot_) The problem is,
that the mails won't be accepted anymore by my provider with the SMTP error
like "Senderdomain must exist". Why won't sendmail masquarade the headers as
it should, when the mail is forwarded by procmail? PLZ help!

If sendmail is supposed to be rewriting the addresses in the header and
it's not, then your sendmail setup is at fault.  I would suggest bring
your problem to the comp.mail.sendmail newsgroup.

Philip Guenther