local uid != remote uid etc, need help

2001-06-15 01:46:03
I've looked in the FAQ and mailing lists and can't
find a straight answer on this..

My ISP has a pop3 server from which I get my mail.  I
help the process along using fetchmail.  The
.fetchmailrc I use is:

poll myisp.com proto pop3
     user rgrumman, with pass mypass, is robert here;

My .forward file contains:
|exec /usr/bin/procmail

and the .procmailrc looks like:

LOGFILE=PROCMAIL_LOG

:0:
* ^TOdebian-user
debuser-list

:0:
* ^TOxmame
xmame-list

:0:
* ^TOsuespammers
suespammers-list

:0:
* ^TOvideo4linux-list
v4l-list

:0:
* !^TOrgrumman(_at_)myisp(_dot_)com
junk

I invoke fetchmail but my mail gets "lost".  If I
delete .forward and call fetchmail with the args
-m "procmail -d "$LOGNAME"", mail DOES get delivered
EXCEPT the procmail logfile says all the messages are
from 'robert' instead of the true sender rbecause of
the -d arg I passed.  How do I get the From line to be
correct?  I hope I explained myself at least a little
clearly.  This is driving me crazy!  Thanks..  Oh BTW
please CC me because I'm not subscribed to the list.