Why is procmail so Paranoid ...?

2001-06-15 01:49:02
The system I administer has group write enabled for all user directories as the
group ownership of each home directory is the "httpd" group which is purely
used by the webserver and root.  In many cases (due to automation) the
webserver needs to be able to write into directories. Can procmail be setup to
have "httpd" as a trusted group user ?

Otherwise how else can I have a .procmailrc file in a home directory group
owned by httpd and with write access ... ???

Another option would be to make to home directory as far as sendmail is
concerned to be /home/username/mailroot/ ... how would I go about doing this ?

Regards,

Phil Ellett,

System Adminstrator,

Technimode Ltd,