Re: perl filter skipping the line when finding a zero 0

2001-06-15 17:42:30
Andreas Tindlund <tindlund(_at_)stud(_dot_)ntnu(_dot_)no> writes:
I have created a filter in perl that will remove multiple dashes (---+),
spaces (   +) and underscores (___+), as well as removing quoted lines.

I'm sorry, but your question is purely about Perl and has nothing to do
with procmail.  I suggest you post your query to comp.lang.perl.misc,
or some other forum concerned with Perl.

Does anyone know what's wrong with my script or how I can avoid this
happening? The script can probably be programmed with other commands as
well making it more effecitient...

Perl's greatest strength are its regular expressions.  Your script
could probably be reduced to a single line using the s/// operator.
How to do so is a question for a Perl forum, not here.

Philip Guenther