Who does procmail run as?

2001-06-28 12:14:55
Hey all.  I have a strange question.
I am running Cyrus imapd for my imap server, and as a result I have a
user account for the server set up.

In my /etc/procmailrc file I am using ~/... for some of the paths,
which I assume would be the same as using $HOME or $1 (the mail
account name as passed by sendmail).

I am now beginning to wonder who procmail will be run as, the cyrus
user? the mail recipient?  I have LOGFILE set to $HOME/.procmail.log
in /etc/procmailrc, and am including /home/$1/.procmailrc as user
defined filters.  The confusing thing is that I am seeing procmail
logfiles both in my home and the cyrus users home.  In the cyrus
account logfile, I see procmail looking for my killfile, but with the
home directory substituted with cyrus' path - so it doesn't exist.

Any ideas?
--
Louis LeBlanc
leblanc(_at_)acadia(_dot_)ne(_dot_)mediaone(_dot_)net