Well traveled emails

2001-07-02 20:35:22

Hi People

My problem:

We have many users around the world who all have user(_at_)spherion(_dot_)com
addresses.
I am in Australia and it seems silly that if I want to send an email to the
guy next to me that this email should head off across the world (to the
States) before reaching the destination in the next office. (especially with
the size of some of the attachments that are "floating" about)

I want to set up sendmail to scan the virtual usertable and if it does not
find a match, to forward it to a single user account. - this is where I would
like procmail to step in and forward all mail it receives to our main server
in the States. Thus cutting out a couple of thousand miles.

All documents I have read so far are mainly aimed at filtering mail into
mailboxes, but I am sure that if procmail can send a reply then it should be
able to do this task.

If anyone has any ideas, good tutorials, or previous experiences (or can tell
me if I am barking up the wrong tree) in this area, it would be great to hear
from you.

Michael.
--

Michael Piko
Network Administrator

Level 1, 493 St Kilda Road, Melbourne, VIC 3004
Tel: 61 3 9243 2385     Fax: 61 3 9820 2010    Mob: 0419 884 153
pikom(_at_)cpgen(_dot_)cpg(_dot_)com(_dot_)au