Re: Help in matching a word

2001-07-04 13:24:55
Odhiambo Washington asked,

| In a recipe, how do I match _all_ possible instances of FreeBSD.ORG
|
| Could be FREEBSD.ORG, Freebsd.ORG, freebsd.org ....I see so many possible
| combinations ;-)
|
| I'd be glad if someone can give me an example as well as some tutorial.

Procmail regexps are case-insensitive by default.  Just don't use the `D'
flag on the colon line, and

 * freebsd\.org

will match all casings.  Do escape the period with a backslash, though, when
you want to match only a literal period; otherwise a period matches any cha-
racter at all (except a newline).