Re: Thanks for help on over/under active filters

2001-07-07 15:06:04
Cyndi fixed

| :0:
| * ^SUBJECT: .*LOGS*
| $DEFAULT

| :0:
| * ^SUBJECT: .*LOGS
| $DEFAULT

so now all the mail she gets with "-logy" or "-logist" in the subject escapes
that recipe at last, and there is much rejoicing.

She went on to ask,

| Oh and btw, what's the difference (if any) between mailing to
| procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE and mailing to
procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org?

The latter will work as long as the list exists; the former will work only
as long as the list is hosted under Mailman at rwth-aachen.de plus a while
longer while it forwards to the successor address, whatever and whenever that
might be some day.

For the foreseeable future, there's no difference, I guess.  The former might
be more direct.