Re: Fwd: How to get rid of +OK nnnn octets strings [jmcoopr(_at_)webmail(_dot_)bmi(_dot_)net]

2001-07-12 23:35:01
On Thu, 12 July 05:34 John Merryweather Cooper wrote:
On 2001.07.05 17:04 John Merryweather Cooper wrote:

Well, I'm using procmail 3.21 on FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE as a mailbox
filter for Balsa 1.14_2.  Some of the time, things work great.  But,
particularly with IE 5.x, Netscape, mutt, and Pine-originated
messages, I get a "+OK nnnn octests" (where nnnn is some number) just

That is a POP 3 response line.

When the RETR command is issued the POP server responds with

+OK arbitrary text
message in RFC 2822 format
.

(the last line is a single period)

below the From jmcoopr some-date line in the messages I receive.  This

The "From " line at the start of the mailbox is Berkeley brain damage.

confuses Balsa no end.  Manually deleting the +OK string make Balsa
happy, but: 1) I can't figure out why procmail is appending this
string to my inbound messages; 2) I can't figure out any way to
eliminate this string from these messsages automatically; and 3)
manually deleting is not practical when I receive several hundred
messages per day.

I can't see why you get the results you do, but hopefully it will
help knowing where the extra lines come from.

Brian Stafford