procmail gets bad press on www.perl.com

2001-07-18 23:45:36
Theres an article on http://www.perl.com about the Mail::Audit
module that is critical of procmail at
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/07/17/mailfiltering.html

I will be sticking with procmail, but I can see the virtues of an
interface between the programs I want to write and the mail
filtering I do. It's kind of difficult to create procmail rcfiles
on the fly and use the data it provides on the fly. The relation
between procmail and other programs is like the relation between
awk and C programs, perhaps. Perl filled in a gap there.

Where is the language that will make programming the mail
intuitive?

--
Greg Matheson                The teacher as sorcerers apprentice
Chinmin College,             Intervention without understanding.