forwarding back to sender?

2001-07-24 13:10:23
Hi everyone-

I've got a strange situation. I've read through the faqs, read web pages, done google searches, and had no luck, so I'm asking the list my question:

Below you'll see my procmail config file and my .forward. Procmail seems to do exactly what I want it to with each of the filters I have in my rc.maillists file.

There is one troublesome side effect, though.

Anyone who logs directly and interactive into the same server that my home directory, and therefore my .forward file is on is unable to send me mail.

Further explained, my account is on a machine called helios. If anyone sends mail to me from their desktop via any client like OE or Eudora, through the smtp daemon on helios, I receive the mail, and since there is no filter for regular mail just from people, it goes to the default location, my inbox. This is what I expect. But, if that same person telnets (or ssh's) into helios, runs pine, and then sends me a message, so long as I have the .forward file you see below, their message never gets to me. My /home/coloccia/.procmail/log file shows no trace of the file, and the message that was being sent to me just shows up in the sender's inbox, as if they were me. If i remove the .forward file, I receive their mail normally.

I'm really confused, and looking for a suggestion as to how to resolve this.

Thanks in advance!

-Rick

coloccia(_at_)helios {6} ~: more .forward
"|IFS=' ' && exec /home/coloccia/bin/bin/procmail -f- || exit 75 #coloccia"

coloccia(_at_)helios {4} ~/.procmail: more rc.maillists
HOME=/home/coloccia
MAILDIR=$HOME/mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
DEFAULT=/var/mail/coloccia
LOGFILE=/home/coloccia/.procmail/log
LOCKFILE=$HOME/.lockmail

#:0:            #begin recipe, use locking (trailing :)
#* ^TOwww-talk  #Matching
#IN.www-talk    #Folder to move matches to

#:0:            #begin recipe, use locking (trailing :)
#* ^TOprocmail  #Matching
#IN.procmail    #Folder to move matches to

#Big Brother Notice Filtering
:0:
* ^Subject:.*\!BB
BB