Re: Virus filters

2001-07-25 03:54:13
"Mike A. Harris" <mharris(_at_)meteng(_dot_)on(_dot_)ca> wrote:

Does anyone know of any free open source mail filters for
filtering out viral email attachments, etc?  There seems to be an

 www.amavis.org

abundance of them going around nowadays, and while not affected
by them in Linux, they are increasing in spreading, and spam
intake.  My new favorite one to destroy is the "I send this to
you for your advice." one.  Whoever wrote that needs some severe
beatings.  I get that one about 5-10 times EVERY DAY!  GRR!

That's my favourite, too.

I use

:0 B
* >  100000
* ^I send this to you for your advice
/dev/null

Anyways.. the XFree86 mailing lists are flooded with virus
postings now and I'd like to track down some mail filter software
for them to filter out the lists with and/or to filter out my own
mail with as well.

If someone runs mailing lists open for postings of non-subscribers they
get what they deserve.

If you use SmartList for your lists you can prevent all postings with
attachments (like binary, .doc, .html ...). You can even prevent excessive
quoting.

Email me for the recipes or ask on the Smartlist mailing list.

 Werner