Re: Sircam revisited

2001-07-27 11:34:21
Hermann Wecke <procmail(_at_)rodeios(_dot_)com> writes:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Eric Krichbaum wrote:

  :0 f
  | (${FORMAIL} -r -I "Subject: \"SirCam\" Worm Warning"; \

I'm receiving this error:

-r: not found
procmail: Error while writing to " (${FORMAIL} -r -I "Subject: \"SirCam\" Worm
 Warning - AVISO DE VIRUS"; \

called from:

  :0 f
  | (${FORMAIL} -r -I "Subject: \"SirCam\" Worm Warning - AVISO DE VIRUS"; \
[..snip..]
  ) | /usr/sbin/sendmail -t

The FORMAIL variable isn't set.  The correct solution is to not use a
variable at all, but rather invoke it directly.  Also, recipes that feed
the message into sendmail almost certainly should *not* have the 'f' flag
on them.  Doing so tells procmail to capture sendmail's output--which
is nothing--and treat that as a message to be delivered by the rest of
the rcfile.  Finally, for portability to systems where sendmail isn't
in /usr/sbin or the standard path, you should invoke it as $SENDMAIL,
a variable that's set at startup by procmail itself to the correct value.

So:

        :0
        | (formail -r -I 'Subject: "SirCam" Worm Warning - AVISO DE VIRUS'; \
           [..snip..]
          ) | $SENDMAIL $SENDMAILFLAGS -t

Philip Guenther