RE: attachments

2001-07-30 13:07:45

I'm kind of fond of my solution to this problem, which isn't perfect, but
works for me.

First I backup all incoming email to a mailbox, in case I get something that
screws up my procmail recipe altogether,

Then I use the recipes as shown here:
http://www.peak.org/~luomat/procmail/antimime.txt

For most (85%+) of the messages that I get, this works perfectly fine, and
what happens is that attached files are no longer attached, but are in a
password protected folder on my website.  So if I *want* to download them, I
can, and I don't have to download all the wasted space that happens when
attachments are converted into MIME format (this is handy when someone sends
several megs worth of pictures without warning, for example).

The upside is that I no longer worry about virii in email, because my email
is all plain text (no HTML even ;-)

You should check the archive for tons of other (and better) recipes, but
I've got paternal pride in this one.

TjL, who has received 28 copies of the latest virus, none of which made it
past the (unix) mail server