Re: [soleil] - Unable to filter list

2001-07-31 23:57:54
On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 08:32:37AM +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
I am subscribed to bind-users mailing list, which seems to have multiple
names. I must admit that all attempts at filtering mail from this list
into one folder has defeated me.

Here are some headers from that list:

Cc: comp-protocols-dns-bind(_at_)moderators(_dot_)isc(_dot_)org
To: bind-users(_at_)isc(_dot_)org
CC: dnsadmin(_at_)telocity(_dot_)net

_and_ this is what I've tried, and all the mail still end up in $DEFAULT
instead of BIND

:0:
* ^To:.*bind
* ^To:.*isc.org
* ^From(_dot_)*SW(_at_)bad\(_dot_)demons\(_dot_)com  # This guy sends to
undisclosed-recipients
BIND

Instead of matcing on the To: field, since that comes from what the sender
typed, try taking a look at the other headers. Try checking From_ (not From:),
Sender:, Return-Path:, or possibly if it has any List- or X- headers. These
will be added by the list software and should be consistent across all
messages. For instance, THIS list might be "To:"
procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de or
procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org, are at
least 5 headers added by the list software that are unique to this, and always
present in all mail from this list.

--
Andrew Edelstein        -       andrew(_at_)pure-chaos(_dot_)com
http://andrew.pure-chaos.com