Re: procmail v3.21 2001/06/29

2001-08-07 10:28:58
"Mahmood, Rashid" <Rashid(_dot_)Mahmood(_at_)AccentureWarwick(_dot_)com> writes:
I am having problems making procmail work with SIMS v4.0. We have done
the following;

We are no SUN Solaris 2.7 of the O/S and we are running SIMS v4.0

1). Installed procmail v3.21
2). Created a test-procmail unix user with a .procmailrc file.
3). Then I have created a delivery program using the following command;
      # imta program -a -m filter -p procmail -g "-d test-procmail" -e
user

4). Then I done a sync as follows;
      # imta dirsync -F

5). And lastly I sent a mail to test it and nothing happens (the mail is
sent into the inbox location on the unix server which cannot be read,
however the mail cannot be seen in the gui inox also);  (I'm confused
HELP)

SIMS's program filter stuff almost certainly has its own interface
requirements that procmail does not meet.  You'll have to track down
Sun's documentation for what program filters specified via "imta program"
are supposed to be doing and then alter your procmail invocation to
match that.

Philip Guenther