Re: error message timeout from sendmail

2001-08-24 02:18:49

we are using redhat linux with sendmail and procmail (v.3.14)
as a local delivery agent.

allways with large mails (i.e. more than 2MB), but only
inhouse from one account to another account on the same mailserver
we get the error message:
sendmail: timeout waiting for input from local during drainig input
an a *.lock file is written.

then system hang (procmail task cannot be killed) and we have to reboot.

attachment sendmail.cf

 This is the procmail-users mailin glist. You have a sendmail problem.
 Check the sendmail FAQ at www.sendmail.org, or search the Usenet archives
 for comp.mail.sendmail, I know the issue was discussed there.

 Posting sendmail.cf files here serves no purpose except pissing everyone off.