Re: Filtering question

2001-08-27 02:02:11
On Sun, 26 Aug 2001, Korhan GURLER wrote:
First of all i apologize if this has been asked before but i've
serached the list archives and some documents and couldn't find
valuable information (or i missed).

Anwyway here is my question, i've subscribed a few securityfocus
mailing lists and i am filtering e.g. FOCUS-LINUX as follows

:0:
*(^To|^Cc:)*(_dot_)FOCUS-LINUX(_at_)SECURITYFOCUS(_dot_)COM
| formail >> FOCUS-LINUX.list

:0:
*(^To|^Cc:)*(_dot_)BUGTRAQ(_at_)SECURITYFOCUS(_dot_)COM
| formail >> BUGTRAQ.list

But if someone posts a message in both FOCUS-LINUX and Bugtraq
this filter makes the duplicate mail in FOCUS-LINUX.list file but not
in bugtraq.list file. I've looked at the headers and List-Id is
unique, so is there a way to filter my mails buy List-Id or anything
else?

Sure. And you're absolutly correct... List-Id (And I think every other
List-*) is unique to the mailinglist so it's perfect to filter on...
(Much better than TO actually.)

:0:
| formail >> BUGTRAQ.list

That would match all mail that come through the bugtraq-list no matter if
it's crossposted or not...

--
Every living thing wants to survive.
                -- Spock, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4731.3